swdubs.co.uk logo banner

It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: THE *CATCH UP* THREAD!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm 
Mods

To any of you still lurking around on here... :wave:

Tell us what you've been up to!

Doesn't have to be VW related - I'll start...

The last time I was really active on here was when I had my Red mk2:

That one went in Feb 2012 - Can't believe it's been 5 years... :o

A period of CR-V's followed, then I bought a T5...

I still have the T5 & a few tweaks are planned over the winter.

Another 'fun' car is on the cards - I will update if & when it happens.

In other news, Max is now nearly 8 :shock: , I have acquired 1 or 2 grey hairs & I still make lights for a living.

Who's next? :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 pm 
Spends Too Much Time on the Forum

I have a had a string of unbelievably poor cars with the goal of having adequate space and money to pursue buying a house and being in a band.

Van looks great, i hope you and fam are doing well Brink. On another note the only car i will even turn my head for is a Vento. I will 100% end up massively overpaying for one in the next 10 years.

steve m wrote:
forgot the jizz! sorry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:15 pm 
Club member

Tom Edge wrote:
I have a had a string of unbelievably poor cars with the goal of having adequate space and money to pursue buying a house and being in a band.

Van looks great, i hope you and fam are doing well Brink. On another note the only car i will even turn my head for is a Vento. I will 100% end up massively overpaying for one in the next 10 years.

Hello matey good to know you are still about.....

Not much changes for me ,been retired for nine years now, time really does fly when you get older ... I still have Vincent and the beetle SE but pretty bored with them and lost the cleaning mojo ... had a beautiful E30 318 in Jewish racing gold with brown velour seats as my shopping cart , changed that for a V6 tt which is ok bit miss the bimmer...
Currently looking around for a classic m/cycle to fill a small spot I have in the garage .... z900 or z1000 if you have one

Vincent 35k ocd'd MK2 8v
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6249

Last edited by damien.wrl on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 am 
Mods

Great idea, nice to see what people are up to nowadays :)

I landed a job as a commissioning engineer, where they let me choose (within reason) my own company car, so I ended up landing an Octavia VRS

The big news is got married this year, though besides that, haven't changed much, still buggering about with old VWs.
Currently restoring a Corrado Storm for Paulina after a guy completely butchered it...

After that I'll be looking to build a 3.2 Mk2 with this

Mk2 Golf Red 8v
Mk2 Golf Grey 16v
Mk2 Golf BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Golf Green VR6
Mk2 Golf Green ABF
Mk2 Golf BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Golf Red 16v
225 TT Coup

Mk2 Golf BBM 8v

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:17 pm 
Post God

What is that dash even out of Monkey? :wtf:

I'm working as a CNC engineer these days in Devon, nothings changed for me car wise to be honest, i still have these three:

ImageWP_002668 by Mathew Richardson, on Flickr

The Passats been in two major accidents since i've had it, and i've rebuilt it from both so its up to a decent standard these days.

ImageDSC_9735 by Mathew Richardson, on Flickr
I'm still in the process of claiming back the repair costs for the last accident.

Apart from sorting the Passat, i've spent most of my free time putting new floors in this and getting it up to a decent roadworthy condition so it can be used:

ImageWP_003453 by Mathew Richardson, on Flickr

The aim was to get it ready to be used as a wedding car for my sister in August, i couldn't get it running right so it didn't make it, so the Ginger Golf had the limelight instead:

ImageBEFORE CEREMONY (COLOUR)_20 by Mathew Richardson, on Flickr

I want to get it resprayed at some point but we're currently saving to buy a house next year, so the Golf will have to wait!

81 Golf Cabriolet GLi
76 Triumph Stag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 am 
Mods

Nice to see what everyone's up to!

I've been back in Devon for 3 years now since I moved up to London after university. I now spend most of my time in Newton Abbot working as a commercial and editorial photographer for a big online sports retailer. People can see what I'm up to on my website - http://www.chrisquick.co.uk/ - But the biggest perk of the job is I get to work with this mug -

And obviously hes now responsible for my old Mk1 Jetta, but I've been cracking on with my Mk1 Golf project this past year. The shell now resides up with Dave at Resto Shack and there's an actual plan to get it on the road for next year (how many years in a row have I been saying that?) but you can follow my build on either here or insta - chrisqgolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm 
Mods

ChrisVW wrote:
I now spend most of my time in Newton Abbot working as a commercial and editorial photographer for a big online sports retailer.

Pro:direct are getting all the talent these days... :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

As Chris has said above, I now work down at Pro Direct with him (though he is in a completely different department to me, thank God). i am also still out in the sticks past Crediton, but I am just moving house into somewhere with a double garage :)

Still working on the Jetta. It is in much better condition than when I collected it off Chris (well, off his Dad), but still not finished. Needs to be started and then be sent back down to Dave at RestoShack to finish off the body so I can rebuild the rest of it. Some pics of how it currently looks,

I need to update the thread really, but I need some more interesting pics than what I have already. Keep an eye out for new stuffs in the next few weeks though :)

I also have a mk5 GTI that is my weekend car, and a POS Swift that I use to slug myself through the lanes and down the dual carriageway to Newton each day.

Oh, and who wants me to put word out for a Winter meet again this year?

SWDubs blog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:43 pm 
Spends Too Much Time on the Forum

Well I got married last year, now living in Feniton with the wife and our dog. Still got the Skyline although it rarely sees the road as I like to be comfortable in a road car these days. Skyline just tends to get used for competitions :) Also got the old Transit for towing it around and an Audi A6 for the daily commute.

In more recent news, I left a job which I had been at for over 10 years which I hated. Now working for Volkscraft (don't worry, I don't touch the cars) in a service advisor type role, although Matt gives me a different job title every time I ask :lol:

Don't have any pictures though as am on a work computer.

On the very slim off chance you do hear something, drag the issue out so long that he dies in the mean time.